Our new exhibition ICONS AUTUMN 2013
can now be viwed online [ Click here ].
The exhibition can also be seen at our gallery until the end of November.
THE ART OF MEDITATION
Our recent exhibition, which ran at our gallery during November 2012, can be viewed here online. [ Click here ].
An illustrated catalogue is available, including Richard Temple's book When You Hear a Dog Bark, an intimate personal account of Buddhist meditation in Thailand. 120 pages, £20 with postage in the UK, (USA $35, Europe €25).
Richard Temple Founded the Temple Gallery in 1959 as a centre for the study, restoration and exhibition of ancient icons and sacred art....[ read more... ]
Gallery Opening Times
The gallery is open on weekdays from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Monday to Friday, and on Saturdays, during exhibitions only, from 12 pm to 4 pm . At other times by appointment.
Join our Mailing List
If you would like to be notified about future exhibitions, receive email invitations to our online exhibition previews and occasional news about icon-related matters, send us an email or enter details on our contact page.
News and Events
- An outstanding Russian icon painter
We recommend this film about Archimandrite Zinon, long regarded as outstanding among icon painters in contemporary Russia... [Read more]
- The 'Leaping Babe' History and Meaning of an Icon
The Temple Gallery is glad to offer this online publication in English of Father Antoine Lambrecht's article, an important and scholarly study of an icon signed in 1703... [Read more]
- Living Prayer Film Series
Since the screening of Living Prayer in Christianity and, more recently Living Prayer in Buddhism, many people have asked if other similar events are planned...[Read more]
- Richard Temple's doctoral thesis, "PIETER BRUEGEL AND ESOTERIC TRADITION", is now available for download from this site..
Click here for more details
- Book review:- Wooden Churches - Travelling in the Russian North, by Richard Davies, Matilda Moreton, White Sea Publishing, London, December 2011 [ more details... ].
- A Diploma of Icon and Wall Painting has been founded.
Full details, including online enquiry/registration form, can be found on the website of the tutor, the iconographer, Aidan Hart. Click here for more details.
Details of this course, and the Liturgical Arts Programme, of which it is a part, can also be found on the website of The Prince's School of Traditional Arts. Click here for more details
- The British Museum has an online catalogue of its icon collection. Click here for details
- Book recommendation:- ICONS, by Robin Cormack, The British Museum Press, 2007. [ more details... ].